Monday, August 9, 2010

#RapperSpeakTranslated

via Phonte (@phontigallo) ..they've been sitting in my favorites for 293 days now, so I thought I'd clean up and compose a list..


"I'mma change the game with this one." = "It's the same bullshit I did on my last album, plus a few cameos."


"You can find me in the hood ALL DAY..." = "....cause I'm still broke."


"Nigga, I roll with nothin but goons!!!!" = "I'm being extorted."


"Its sumthin for everybody on my album." = "1 jam for the streets, 2 for the club, everything else for hoes"


"I respect his hustle." = "That nigga wack as shit but I ain't bout to fuck up my paper."


"Me and the label are cool; we got no problems." = "Tall Israelis is runnin this rap shit."


"I'm building my brand." = "I signed my cousin to my vanity label and I have a bullshit clothing line."


"I got no beef with *insert random nigga they beefed with 3 mos. ago*" = "Fuck him and anybody that look like him."


"I really don't read what people say on the internet." = "I get google alerts on my phone."



"I gives a fuck what a hater say. YA HEARD?!!?" = "I do care what haters say. And it
hurts me. Alot."



"oh word I'll get on that joint with you!" = "I hope this nigga forget about this idea in 6 mos".


"This LP here? We did it for HIP HOP!" = "only hardlegs and white boys is gon feel this one, jack."


"I opened up for *insert famous rapper*" = "I was onstage for 10 mins while that nigga was at the hotel."


"I don't write rhymes down." = "I record my shit a bar at a time in Protools, then make my engineer fix it."


"I don't listen to rap, I'm on that next shit like Coldplay." = "See, White People...I'm not like the other niggers."


"Dizzy Gillespie played the SAX!" = "He really played trumpet, but what the fuck rhymes with trumpet?"

"My new street album Produced by 9th Wonder!" = "I jacked a buncha his beats off the net and 2tracked em."


"*insert random nigga* ft. Drake- "Every Girl REMIX!" = "I took the instrumental, spit over it, and kept the hook in"


"Jay-Z executive produced my album." = "He's cosigning me so you sheep niggas will buy it. He ain't even heard it"


"I'm just trying to do me" = "I wish I was Kanye and/or Andre3000"


"Check out my new song and gimme your honest opinion!" = *Bout to catch feelings in 5...4..3..2...*


"I'll battle any nigga and eat him ALIVE!" = "I can't write a song to save my life."


"I'm more lyrical than most rappers" = I use "like" to set up every bar


#ProducerSpeakTranslated "I love diggin in the crates for that raw shit." = "I love google blogsearching."


#ProducerSpeakTranslated "I be killin niggas in beat battles, son!" = "I make loud, boisterous shit that's impossible to rap over."


"This record is really gonna show how versatile I am." = "Expect lots of autotune."


"Me and *insert producer/random singer* got a joint dats CRAZY." = "They sent the beat with the hook already in."


"Nigga I run this city!!" = "I actually live an hour outside of the city I'm supposedly running."


"Me and my label keep having problems." = "Megaupload is down at the moment."


It's been alotta fun kickin it with y'all tonight. I think this #RapperSpeakTranslated hashtag will go down in twitter history...lol.

No comments: